Focusing on healthy eating while making a trip to the grocery store can be a difficult one. (We’re talking about you, chip and ice cream aisles!)
With these four tips, your trip to the store can result in buying good food.
1. Shop with a plan (and a full stomach)
- Make a list of all the ingredients you need for the recipes you want to cook that week. This way you won’t have a cart full of random items.
2. Shop the perimeter of the store-
- In most cases, the edges of the store have more fresh ingredients and less packaged junk food.
3. Embrace short cuts
- Pick up packages of pre-chopped or pre-cooked foods if it’ll help you avoid getting takeout.
4. Treat yourself
- It’s okay to splurge on foods you know you’ll appreciate and enjoy every now and again!
Posted in Healthy Eating